Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Social Justice and its Implications


I came across a video regarding a student's journey to Darfur. I am uneducated in the depth of the injustice. I wonder how the student has harnessed his engagement with Sudan as a catalyst for making a greater difference in the world. Check out Nick's video on what he did last summer...in Darfur (please note that I do not condone or approve of everything on YouTube).


Nick went with OxFam America. Oxfam America "is an international relief and development organization that creates lasting solutions to poverty, hunger, and injustice. Together with individuals and local groups in more than 120 countries, Oxfam saves lives, helps people overcome poverty, and fights for social justice."


What is our role in relieving poverty, hunger, and injustice? I believe we need to answer this question because our young people want direction on how to reconcile poverty's end, see hunger fed, and right all wrongs. I wonder how the Church can disciple believers to consider what to do or not do.

No comments: