Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Lord Reigns


As I traveled early this morning from Columbus to Wooster, Ohio, I thank God for traveling with me. It was starting to snow and to accumulate on the roadways. Yet God helped me stay alert and to keep the car on the road. All praise to God!

I marveled at the snow. The precipitation honors God. Although I may desire that Spring begin soon, this snowfall praises the Lord. I forget that. God created the snows for His glory. Yes, it may aggravate me as I travel through it. But God reigns. He rules over all. He set the boundaries of nature. The psalmist in chapter 96 says these words about the Lord's sovereingty, "Say among the nations, 'The Lord reigns; Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved; He will judge the peoples with equity.' Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice..." Even when the snow flies, the Lord reigns. I believe the Lord releases the flurries and snowfall to honor Himself. He controls everything in creation, especially precipitation. He rules over it all. He reigns.


Because God reigns, I can praise Him. I will honor Him. May you take a moment to reflect on God's sovereign power over you today as you act like a child for a moment--gape wide and "taste" a snowflake or catch a flake and marvel at its uniqueness. Creation reflects the Creator. I choose to honor the Creator today!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.