Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Try, try again


As I begin this new day, i confess that sharing Christ with new friends is challenging. There is a fear factor involved. At least there is in my life. I marvel at the Apostles who prayed for boldness and courage.


In Acts 4:8, the Bible says that Peter was filled by the Holy Spirit. I too, must be filled with the Holy Spirit. Later, in verse 29 the believers pray together for boldness, for fearless confidence. They asked God to empower them to speak boldly His word. Then God visited them with empowerment from the Holy Spirit and they began to speak the word of God with boldness (verse 31).


I spent an evening with some close friends who don't know God. We enjoyed a meal. We laughed. We shared. But I did not bring God up! Shame on me. Sure, I feel guilty for not speaking up, but I can grow from this. I can continue to build up confidence as I find the opportunity to bring up Jesus and His Good News. My guilt can paralyze me. Or it can motivate me to engage the next opportunity. I pray that God would keep bringing opportunities to share Christ before me so that I can trust Him and can confidently speak the word of Christ into the lives of those around me. I want to get better at this everyday. May God grant me, His bond-servant, all confidence to speak His word. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: